Gatorbox > News & Announcements

Planning for Extra Life 2015

(1/1)

Draco:
This thread is my sketch pad for the 2015 Extra Life charity event. So far, Gatorbox has showed up for the 2013 and 2014 events and we've raised almost $500 total between these two marathons. :)

Here are the games I am planning on incorporating into this marathon:
For sure:
- Super Off Road (SNES)

Most likely:
- M.C. Kids (NES)
- Kirby's Adventure (NES)
- Puggsy (Genesis)

Would like to:
- MegaRace (PC)
- Super Mario World (SNES)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
- Cool Spot 2 (Genesis)

Hopefully between now and EL2015 we'll have enough of a viewership base that we could try making donation "pledges". By this, I mean that we could do something like have someone agree to donate say, a dime for each powerup I get in Super Off Road. I'll make a final tally of all of the pledges and then let the donators know the final amount to contribute. We could even do something like start the pledge at five cents and let community members "outbid" each other from there until the day of/before the marathon. :)

Draco:
I realize this forum is still in "WIP" mode but I'd just like to toss out an update on Extra Life 2015 real quick. I've heard through the grapevine that the official Extra Life HQ may be moving to a new location this year. For the past two years it's been held at the Rackspace Castle which is local to where I live and Gatorbox has been able to make appearances as a guest there. I do not know where the new official location is, or if one has been decided yet.

We would like to make it there in person, but if that is not possible and worse comes to worst we'll be able to still do an Extra Life marathon stream from the comfort of our normal studio and fundraise just as we've done in 2013 and 2014 so far.   :wow:  :dollar:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version