Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: :bitcoin: DONATE TO GATORBOX TODAY

Author Topic: About that stupid downvote spammer.  (Read 1020 times)

Sombrero

• View Profile
About that stupid downvote spammer.
« on: December 23, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »
Y'know what I'd do about that? Stop making Your Level Sucks videos until the people suck less and actually deserve getting a new episode.

Fuck the haters  :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad: :rad:

Draco

• Administrator
  • I WRITE THE JOKES
    • View Profile
    • Gatorbox
Re: About that stupid downvote spammer.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »
Ahaha, trust me I've thought about it. Mostly because shitheels like him don't deserve to have content creators like me providing them with entertainment. Like, he has no stake in YLS whatsoever. No investment. For me there's a time investment in shooting, editing, and putting it together. To an extent there's also a financial investment I am making because I don't earn anything from YLS; Nintendo copyright claims the whole thing and they take all the money I and the rest of the contributors should be making ourselves. (I counterclaim every single Content ID claim they hit me with but since this is YouTube nothing ever happens.)

At the same time though people like him are in the extreme minority of Gatorbox viewers. Such a minority in fact that I believe he's the only one (he just has five different YouTube accounts because he's an autist). I'd be doing a disservice to the rest of the people who tune in because they are genuine decent people.

I've been toying with moving YLS to a live show, which requires some preparation on my part. It's still something I am looking to pursue, it's just that now that we've transitioned to the new set there's a lot I need to catch up with.

Sombrero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »
Guess whoever it is made 5 more accounts  :autism:

Draco

• Administrator
  • I WRITE THE JOKES
    • View Profile
    • Gatorbox
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:11 pm »
Guess whoever it is made 5 more accounts  :autism:

lmao, yeah. I noticed that when Gatorbox's fans started to take notice and began upvoting videos he doubled down and started registering more accounts to counter them.

I fancy myself a pretty petty individual and even joke about it on stream, but I genuinely cannot fathom being this dedicated to being a nuisance to someone just because not everything they upload is a Mario video. Like, this stream has fans who are only here for the unboxing and for the furry news, but you don't see them throwing a hissy fit whenever we miss an upload or post something from another series.

You can't see it because his accounts have all been shadowbanned from commenting on Gatorbox's videos, but he originally would leave childish remarks like "fag" in the comments of new uploads. I guess he smartened up when he noticed that his sockpuppets couldn't see the comments he was posting. Little does he know however that YouTube considers likes and dislikes on equal footing when factoring them into search algorithms. Ramping up the dislikes is only going to benefit those videos long-term.

:squid:

Sombrero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »
Like, this stream has fans who are only here for the unboxing and for the furry news, but you don't see them throwing a hissy fit whenever we miss an upload or post something from another series.

When out of all the demographics you cater to he still manages to be the most cringy  :ohyou: :shrek: