General > Off Topic

Something I wish I held onto so I could send it to Gatorunbox.

(1/1)

Roastmaster:
http://twilightfoundry.com/2012/01/st-josephs-indian-school-just-sent-me-shitloads-of-gifts/

About 5-6 years ago I got this weird pack of shit in the mail that tried to guilt me into donating a bunch of money to this children's fund. Obviously, I didn't donate and I ended up writing this article about it. I know it's poor form to shit on charity but the reason I ended up blasting it was because once you see just how much crap they sent me it became glaringly obvious that this "charity" mishandles money in an incredibly inappropriate manner.

Had I known that years down the road Gatorunbox would be a thing, I'd have saved this and handed it over to Draco at some point. Instead I kind of threw it away. :mayro:

Sorry Draco. Mind if I send them your address so hopefully they can send you one themselves? :harvey:

Draco:

--- Quote from: Roastmaster on May 20, 2016, 04:20:21 pm ---Mind if I send them your address so hopefully they can send you one themselves? :harvey:

--- End quote ---

I wish you wouldn't, but I kind of want to see one of these disasters IRL.  :sanic:

edit: You're not the only person who raised that concern about them wasting money apparently. A blogger for CNN posed the same apprehensions in 2010. This is really kind of fucked up. :(

Roastmaster:
I can't even tell if they are still doing the mailers today since everyone hounded them about sending out all that stupid shit back then. I'm tempted to send them ten :dollar: or something to see if I can bait them into sending me another mailer, in which case I'll just turn it around and send it to you, but I kind of still don't want to send them anything...??

Draco:

--- Quote from: Roastmaster on May 20, 2016, 05:43:31 pm ---I can't even tell if they are still doing the mailers today since everyone hounded them about sending out all that stupid shit back then. I'm tempted to send them ten :dollar: or something to see if I can bait them into sending me another mailer, in which case I'll just turn it around and send it to you, but I kind of still don't want to send them anything...??

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't. They apparently have your address in their records, and if they are ever hard-pressed for firewater money they will probably hit you up again.

By the way, I read that article with my dad today while we were working on the new Gatorbox set and the part about hanging something up with the "grace" that a staple gun can offer had him almost in tears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version