General > Mario Maker Thunderdome

What are your opinions on story-themed levels?

(1/1)

Lord Apoplexy:
I've been curious, because I've actually never seen Draco play a level that's mostly driven by a story or a level with a story in it.

In my opinion, as long as the story has me hooked along with good level design and challenges, then I consider these types of levels somewhat immersive.
Take for example, my Revenge of the Octarians series, a Splatoon-themed series that utilizes the Inkling Girl/Inkling Boy/Inkling Squid mystery costumes. I'm currently 5 parts into the series, and even though it has a low amount of stars, I consider them good. Of course, opinions may vary, but here is the main question overall.

Do you think story-themed levels are good or bad? I'm really curious to know! :pika:

Also, I might make a MASTER TROLL thread myself sometime when I finish my "THE OMEGACASTLE" series, and force Roastmaster to play through all 5 levels and get the world record in EVERY LEVEL. And to make things better? If Draco doesn't like the New Super Mario Bros. U engine, then I'm going to utilize that to make it more frustrating for him along with spiking up the difficulty to ridiculous heights. So yeah, you're gonna get REAL fucked up by the true master troll here, son.  :mayro:

May my levels show no mercy, and cause Roastmaster to rage quit and throw a shitfest.  :troll:

Draco:
I think I've come across a couple "story" type levels during the original collections, but those stages were always cut because they did not make any sense to me. When they get played out of context like that they don't usually make for good commentary since there's more at play than just "this person doesn't know how to put enemies down the right way".

I've never actually gone out of my way to play story stages though, so really I have no opinion on them.

If you can get Roastmaster to put up with the levels for long enough it would be funny to see if he could do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he either gives up or just doesn't do it. He's more addicted to shitposting than he is to actually being good at games.

AkatsukiYoshi:
I've played a few story levels and from the ones I played I did find them interesting and very well designed. The story levels I seen were those recreated from other Mario games and adventure themed stories that could very well be the main story in a future Mario game. I never played a bad story themed level, but I'm sure they exist.

ConfirmCLM:
I have honestly made a story-themed level ... but the problem with the type that I made was that the story was written in coins and in English.

Therefore, anyone else who may not understand English may just assume that the level is boring.

I haven't seen more than a few story levels. D:

Roastmaster:

--- Quote from: Draco on May 06, 2016, 04:21:24 pm ---If you can get Roastmaster to put up with the levels for long enough it would be funny to see if he could do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he either gives up or just doesn't do it. He's more addicted to shitposting than he is to actually being good at games.

--- End quote ---

I own a WiiU but I hardly ever play it. I only bought Super Mario Maker so I could understand what Draco's idea for a show was about. Not to sound like an ass, but I honestly don't derive much enjoyment from Super Mario Maker or the console as a whole. The only game I can stand to play is NES Remix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version